31 July 2008

Is summer over yet?



I cannot wait until some fall weather kicks in, and pushes this humidity out for good - or at least for many many months. I need a break from it.

Lots of stuff has been going on since I posted last (ages ago....sorry).

I just submitted my application to my chosen online art college today, so hopefully I will hear from them soon about it. Takeshi has finally, finally received his driver's license and him and I have been gleefully scooting around town in his dad's car during the day to various places, instead of chugging along through the humid air on our bicycles. Big improvement.

I've been trying to cut back on my white rice intake at meals now. White rice is present at every meal and is not unlike eating bread at every meal, so, I'm cutting back.

Here is a list of the usual food items which I eat on a weekly basis, be it either from family meals, or from places around town:

salmon
eel
squid
okonomiyaki
fish sausages
squash
red bean paste
bamboo
takoyaki
raw seafood
unknown root vegetables
dango
tofu
tomatoes
beef patties
udon noodles
mochi
sushi

There are American fast food joints and restaurants here but are few and far between. Of course, there is more American fast food here than any other kind of foreign food. The places that I have seen so far are McDonald's, Denny's, Baskin Robins, KFC, and Pizza Hut.

So anyway, like I said, I've been up to a lot of things since my last post; mostly traveling to different places. I'll probably just break up each trip (all of which happened within the last few weeks) into their own posts or whatnot.

1 comment:

Adekun said...

MOS Burger always beats the American chains.
Summer seems pretty much over now. Today is so humid however. No more cucumbers for tsukemono. :-(