16 September 2009

Interest and Frustration



I am sitting in my college's library at the moment. It' freezing cold in here, as is the rest of the building. I believe in that's issue of the college still having the air conditioning pumped up, since we're just getting over summer, but seriously, you could really use some of the classrooms as meat lockers instead. All of this traveling from freezing interiors, to warmer exteriors, makes me feel all achy, as in "I might be coming down with something"-achy. Or I might just be coming down with something. :(

A professor told us today, that there's now a reported 40-ish-something cases of swine flu at the neighboring college in town. I think we're supposed to have a serious "meeting" overall about what they plan to do if people start catching it here as well.

I've been taking a multivitamin, but I'm about to run out of that bottle. I'm sure I want to stick to that particular brand of multi-vitamins, since I bought the damn thing at Walmart. When I think of a good place to get vitamins, I don't think of that store.

Takeshi has brought in the herbs we had sitting outside the front door, since soon enough it will be getting pretty nippy during the nighttime. I just hope he didn't bring any bugs into the house, with the plants. They've been sitting outside for about a month now, and who knows what kind of little bugs decided to make a home for itself in and on the herbs. So far I haven't seen anything crawling around.

My frustration with a few classes so far, has gotten me in a semi-defeated mood. There's been two classes (one including the Monotype Printing class I just came from), where I have totally (in my mind), botched my initial concept designs for different projects. Either I sketched some thumbnails in entirely the wrong size, or misunderstood the directions, and was a few concepts short. But I keep on keeping on. I'll just go home, regroup, and come back with another shot at it.

Random annoying people in some of my classes. I'm not trying to offend anyone in anyway, I'm just going off of what I've experienced but - it seems that in all of the art colleges I've gone to, there is this same type of girl. I have one of these in my classes right now, and she's downright annoying and I've seen her exact personality in other girls. She's very short, very overweight, and is loud, and outspoken. And this girl right now, has this very bouffant haircut that sticks out and up about 6 inches from her face. It looks amazing. The other day I was watching her and thought that she reminds me of a little fat hen. She's loud, she's short, and pudgy. And her cleavage is humongous! I hope she has another backbone handy, to help support those things.

Anyway, I'm off to another class - Photography! I've brought my Nikon D60 today with me, as required. Hopefully I'll enjoy this class, more than my last class.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The annoying girl, is her name Nikky?