09 September 2009

Pile on the Work



Homework to be exact. And more issues and things to worry about, in my head. But this is college! And my senior year.

I don't mind classes at all - what I hate it getting up early. I'm not a morning person.

This morning I really had to force myself to eat my usual breakfast of oatmeal. The whole portion of it. If it's too early in the morning, I don't want food near me. I just can't eat a meal that early!

Classes are going well so far, even though there's not much to talk about yet, since this is still the first week of school. Today was Wednesday, and I think of it as my "Non-graphic design" day, since I don't have any classes that have to do with computers, designing, etc.

I had my Monotype Print class, and my Basic Photography class. No laptop required. ;)

I still have my Thursday and Friday classes to go. Tomorrow I have 3 classes to attend, and I stay at school from 10am until about 6:45pm. Thursdays will always be my longest days in the building. On Friday, I have only my History of Graphic Design class, which runs from 10am til 1pm. Yay for a short class day on Fridays!

On a totally different topic - I miss watching Japanese TV. American TV cannot compare, I believe. I miss watching the "Language Channel" with Takeshi on weeknights, and watch programs on learning French, Arabic, and Italian. I miss watching owarai comedy pairs, like Downtown. Now I see channel after channel of reality TV shows, and average or below-average movie reruns.

Maybe someday in the future we can order some Japanese channels for our TV! That would be nice. It would also be just another thing to remind me of my wonderful time in Japan. Bring a little bit of home back to us. And that Takeshi could follow his country's own news without having to read it online!

No comments: